The SunSDR2 DX transceiver based on the well-known SunSDR2 PRO transceiver with several hardware improvements. It is a 100W-HF; 50W-6M; 8W-2M transceiver, very compact, has a separate connector for active cooling and improved supply system, meaning it’s perfectly suited for DXpeditions. Also, we’ve added a separate connector for an external ATU, thus SunSDR2 DX has all the functionality you got used to in our radios and even more. Improved hardware along with the ExpertSDR2 software makes this high-performance SDR transceiver the perfect base station. The evident choice for a true contester!
SunSDR2 DX Improvements
- 100 watt transmit power on HF, 50 watt on 50 MHz!
- New ATU connector for future antenna tuner option
- HPF for VHF (100 MHz) and LPF for HF (70 MHz)
- Improved VHF LNA (PGA103+ chip)
- New high-performance built-in stereo audio codec 24 bit with 114 dB dynamic rang
- Anderson Powerpole power connector
- Ground connector added
- Sturdy DIP-type ExtCtrl connector
- Improved PCB topology
- Lower power consumption and lower power dissipation
SunSDR2 DX Main Capabilities
- Independent RX path based on DDC (Direct Down-Conversion) architecture
- Independent TX path based on DUC (Direct Up-Conversion) architecture
- Output power: 100W on HF, 50W on 6M and 8W on 2M
- 2 software RXs + SubRX for each of them (4 slices total) + independent wideband Bandscope up to 80 MHz
- Remote control operation, using it, you connect PTT and CW-key to the E-Coder panel. Microphone and E-Coder are connected to the remotely set up PC
- TCI interface for seamless connection with third-party software like SDC (with its own Skimmer), LogHX, SWISSLOG and RUMlog, more are coming
- Professional TX processing module provides the most advanced tuning capability for voice operation
- ExtCTRL connector to control external devices with 8 powerful keys with open collector
- ALC connector for external power amplifiers*
- Supports use of VHF transverters**
- An opportunity to use the transceiver as a signal generator via DAC OUT connector (SMA connector)
- An opportunity to use external filters in the middle of the RF path, using ADC IN and RX OUT (SMA connector)
- Minimal delay in CW mode (about 10 ms)
- Input for external 10 MHz reference oscillator
- An opportunity to use the transceiver in SO2V mode
- Full duplex or half duplex modes***
- Antenna switch with 2 HF antenna connectors and separate VHF antenna connector (Mini UHF connectors)
- Internal power-meter for HF and VHF bands and SWR-meter for HF band
- Ethernet LAN interface provides a fast and reliable connection to PC
* ** *** These functions are supported by the transceiver’s hardware, but is not implemented in the ExpertSDR2 software. They will be supported in the future ExpertSDR2 software releases.
The ExpertSDR2software package is used to control the SDR transceiver. In receiving mode the software provides two independent receiving channels with up to 312 kHz bandwidth. Each receiver has its own sub receiver. ExpertSDR2 runs under Windows XP/7/8/10 x32 or x64, Linux Ubuntu x64 and MacOS (MacOS currently beta). Minimum hardware requirement Intel Core i3 1.6GHz or higher, video card supporting OpenGL 1.5 and RAM 256 MB or more.
ExpertSDR2 System Requirements
- 2 or 4 core CPU Intel Core i3 or Core i5;
- 8 GB RAM;
- 40 GB free space on the HDD/SSD for the ExpertSDR2 and accompanied programs;
- 17′ or bigger monitor;
- video card with OpenGL 1.5 or higher;
ExpertSDR2 supports Windows 7-10 32/64 bit, Linux (Ubuntu/Kubuntu 18.04 x64), and macOS 10.14 Mojave and higher.
Whats in the Box
- SunSDR2 DX Transceiver
- LAN-cable 1.8m for connecting to local network
- Power cable 2.0m for connecting to power supply
- Two 6.3mm phono male to 3.5mm phono female adapters to connect a headset to the radio
- Mini UHF (male) to SO239 (UHF/PL female) pigtail adapter with 30 cm RG58 coax.