SunSDR PRO features a high speed LTC2209 ADC for superior BDR, Blocking Dynamic Range, a big heatsink for good cooling, a local oscillator with high stability. The SunSDR2 PRO comes with a 10 MHz reference input as standard. The user friendly but powerful ExpertSDR2 software is included and future updates are free.
SunSDR2 PRO Main Capabilities
- Separate independent receive path based on Direct Down Conversion principle (DDC)
- Separate independent transmitter, based on the Direct Up Conversion principle (DUC)
- Full or half-duplex mode *
- Antenna switch for 2 antennas in HF
- 10 MHz reference input
- Built-in power-meter and SWR-meter in HF band
- 8 open collector outputs for control of antenna switches, band pass filters or other accessories.
- ALC output for external power amplifier**
- PTT input for footswitch
- CW key input
- Headphones output, impedance 8-10000 Ohm
- Microphone input for dynamic or electret microphone
- Modular microphone input for Yaesu MH-31 or other hand mic with PTT and 3 additional function buttons
- Polairty reversal protection
- Ethernet LAN interface with galvanic isolation between transceiver and PC
- Transceiver’s calibrations are kept inside the device. No need for primary calibration
- Remote operation over LAN with CW key and PTT via E-Coder panel, and RX and TX audio via PC.
- Remote Control over Wan/Internet using the ExpertSDR Remote System (free software).
* Full duplex mode is supported by the hardware, but is not yet implemented in the software. Full duplex is a planned feature in a future release of ExpertSDR2. ** ALC functionality is supported by the transceiver’s hardware but is not implemented in the ExpertSDR2 software. It will be supported in the future ExpertSDR2 software releases.
SunSDR2 PRO Application field
- Amateur Radio HF/VHF transceiver
- SO2R/SO2V contest radio
- MO2R – two operators in Run & Multiplier station applications
- Spectrum analyzer with the spectrum scope up to 80MHz
- Record frequency spectrum for later playback
- Clean operating position controlling radio over LAN
- Remote Control via DSL or mobile 4G or 3G connection
The ExpertSDR2 software package is used to control the SDR transceiver. In receiving mode the software provides two independent receiving channels with up to 312 kHz bandwidth. Each receiver has its own sub receiver. ExpertSDR2 runs under Windows XP/7/8/10 x32 or x64, Linux Ubuntu x64 and MacOS (MacOS currently beta). Minimum hardware requirement Intel Core i3 1.6GHz or higher, video card supporting OpenGL 1.5 and RAM 256 MB or more.
Whats in the Box
- SunSDR2 PRO Transceiver
- LAN-cable 1.8m for connecting to local network
- Power cable 2.0m for connecting to power supply
- Two 6.3mm phono male to 3.5mm phono female adapters to connect a headset to the radio
- Mini UHF (male) to SO239 (UHF/PL female) pigtail adapter with 30 cm RG58 coax.
- WLAN Unit (limited availability)
SunSDR2 PRO Recommended Accessories
In addition to the sunsdr2pro we also recommend the following accessories :
- Slim Power supply 15 V/6A
- Noise cancelling headphones and ModMic boom microphone
- E-Coder control panel for ergonomic contest or DX operation
- Pileup RPI Server for remote control over WAN/Internet
- UHF to Mini-UHF adapter
- UHF to Mini-UHF pigtail adapter
- Spare Power Plugs